Cothay Manor & Gardens have supported a number of charities over the years, writes Charlie Campbell. On Saturday we are delighted to be able to support the Children’s Hospice South West, a charity supporting families with very sick children who don’t have long to live.
The idea of any parent suffering the loss of a child at any age is hard to imagine, something that we don’t as individuals want to imagine as it simply couldn’t happen to us….From personal experience, having a child with difficult-to-control epilepsy and special needs, as a mother I fear everyday and every night for her but still I can’t possibly imagine the idea of having a terminally ill child.
To have the support that the Children’s Hospice South West offers is so incredibly important to parents with terminally ill children as you will find if you read below. Please come and support them at Cothay on 14th June. We will never know when our time is up, but they do, make their lives richer by your support.
The Garden, Plants, Craft and Food Fair will offer visitors over 50 retail stalls, plus entertainment from the Bottletop Boogie Band, refreshments in the newly-refurbished tearooms, clay-pigeon shooting with world champion Abbey Burton and carriage driving. Tickets cost £5.00 for adults and £2.50 for children. 10.00am – 5.00pm
Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW)
- Is dedicated to making the most of short and precious lives, providing the best possible hospice care for life-limited children and their families from the South West
- Delivers a range of services including short breaks, specialist play, music therapy, activities for siblings, palliative and emergency care, end of life care, and bereavement support
- Three homely hospices – Little Bridge House in North Devon, Charlton Farm in North Somerset, and Little Harbour in Cornwall – are special places with tailor-made family-friendly facilities
- It isn’t simply the quality of the environment that makes our hospices what they are: it is the love friendship and smiles found inside, thanks to the specially selected care staff
- Provides a loving, caring place for every member of every family who stays with us, including enriching one-to-one care for the sick child, a special sibling service for well brothers and sisters, and support for Mums and Dads
- To find out more about our wonderful work visit www.chsw.org.uk