Council tenants and leaseholders in the area are being invited to a free event on April 15 when they can find out more about housing and ask any questions about the services they receive.
This free event is an opportunity to find out more about what Housing Services and other organisations inside and outside of the council do and to have any questions answered. This includes:
- How Council homes are allocated using Choice Based Lettings and Homefinder Somerset
- What repairs and maintenance can be done to your home
- What Taunton Deane Borough Council can do about anti-social behaviour
- How the council can help with the welfare benefit changes
- What grants are available if you want to move from a property that is maybe too large for you to a smaller, more manageable home
- What Taunton Deane Borough Council can do to help support older and vulnerable tenants
- What help is available on how to cut down fuel bills
The open day is in the County Room at Somerset County Cricket Club. No appointments are needed – just drop in any time between 10am and 5pm on the day.
The Tenant Services Management Board will be holding its Annual General Meeting at the same venue at 3.30pm – again all are welcome to attend and learn more about what the Board does and its future plans.
Every tenant and leaseholder who attends the open day will be entered into a prize draw with the chance to win cash prizes of £200, £100 or £50.