Organisers of Monday’s service at St John’s church to welcome the new vicar, Revd Tim Treanor, are expecting a large congregation for the service, led by the Bishop of Taunton. The church facilities have been extended with a marquee and there will be refreshments afterwards.
Tim has a sent a video greeting to his new parishioners and neighbours in the town and hopes to meet as many people as possible after the service.
1) On October 7th there will be no parking at all at the church and no parking in the Rectory Car Park, except for certain identified persons. Please use the Longforth Road Car Park which is free after 6.00 pm and only 5 minutes walk away.
2) If you are disabled please be dropped off at the entrance to the church drive. If you cannot walk the short distance up the church drive you can be driven to the church door but the car must be driven away immediately after you have got out. Anyone arriving by mobility scooter is asked to enter the church via the rear entrance.
3) Please aim to arrive in time to be seated well before 6.45 pm, at the very latest when a long Clergy procession forms up at the door. We expect a very full church so come in good time!
4) The Toilets are located in the church hall and are reached via the rear door of the church
5) After the Service refreshments will be served in the church hall that will have been extended by a marquee. Please allow Stewards to guide you to the hall in a way that will prevent congestion in the link passage. Once in the hall please collect a drink and then move through to the marquee where finger food will be served and you can meet and talk with others.
6) Those not staying for refreshments are asked to leave through the main door where Tim will be to greet you.