Following the success of the trial of the Volunteer Centre in Wellington Library earlier this year, the voluntary sector development charity Engage will be starting monthly sessions from July 2016.
The sessions are open to members of the public who can go and find volunteering opportunities in their area.
Any organisation in the Taunton Deane area which would like help and support with issues such as volunteer recruitment, funding advice and how to become a charity can contact Engage.
Engage is a charity whose aim is to support the development of vibrant, effective and influential voluntary and community sectors in West Somerset and in Taunton Deane by providing a range of services. These include
– operating local Volunteer Centres
– co-ordinating West Somerset and Taunton Deane Voluntary Sector Forum meetings
– acting as a voice for the voluntary and community sectors
– providing advice and support on setting up and running charities
– advising on potential funding sources and on preparing funding applications
– establishing projects to respond to local needs
If any organisation would like more information on the above they can email Sandra Marsden, Development Worker for Engage, on email@example.com or ring 07958132882.